Senior QA Analyst
PURPOSE OF ROLE
To ensure that Omnico software is of excellent quality and fit for purpose for all customers in all markets.
To complete testing of software releases, including writing and executing test scripts and ensuring issues are logged and tested. Playing your part in a sprint team to ensure the definition of done is upheld.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write test plans and test scripts from Functional Specification and RFCs
- Analysis of user stories to identify acceptance criteria
- Test script updates based on issues opened after QA to ensure documentation is kept up to date with development
- Peer review test scripts
- Provide standard test data for scenarios and expected results
- Able to follow test scripts accurately, but also explore ‘what if….’ scenarios that occur in a live environment
- Clear and precise defect capture, steps taken and supporting evidence
- Daily status reports to QA manager and for team access showing progress through QA, (ADO driven)
- Provision of a view of readiness of system for delivery
- Deliver (or arrange delivery) of Release/Patch/Hot fix once successfully passed QA.
- Complete test exit reports
- Ability to take on responsibility to become QA Lead for specific customers and projects
- Escalate issues which will affect delivery to customer to:
- QA Manager
- Sprint Team Lead
- Project Manager
- Ensure ADO test plans are tied to development tasks, maintaining the ADO test plan data throughout projects and deriving reports from ADO
- Attending Customer calls to explain testing scenarios to help triage problems
- Performing non-functional testing as required
- Full regression testing capability
- Review and recommend improvements to existing QA processes to achieve desires QA goals
- Problem Solving – uses logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; can see hidden problems; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answer
- Customer Focus – is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; acts with customers in mind; maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Organising – can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently
- Planning – Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals breaking down work into process steps; develops schedules and anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results
- Priority Setting – spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus
- Written Communications – Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings; can get messages across that have the desired effect
- Time management – Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; concentrating on the important priorities
- Action Oriented – full of energy for those things he/she sees as challenging, not fearful of acting with minimum of planning, knows where to start and how to construct what good looks like, seizes more opportunities than others.
- Composure – does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough, is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis
- Organisational Agility – Is knowledgeable about how Omnico works; knows how to get things doen through formal channels and the informal network; understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices and procedures.
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level (2018) Or ISEB equivalent
- ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level – Agile Tester Extension Or ISEB equivalent
- Working within the retail / hospitality / leisure industry and EPOS solutions
- Setting up test environments
- Basic SQL scripting/query writing knowledge
- Exposure to Azure DevOps
- Solid experience of working in software QA/Testing roles across the software development lifecycle.
- Experience with waterfall and Agile methodologies (TDD, BDD, SCRUM, Kanban, etc.),
- Experience working within an agile, multi-disciplinary team environment, and ability to deliver iterative design components (including user journeys) to development team.
- Ability to translate complex business requirements into test scenarios using Gherkin syntax.
- A good communicator
- A meticulous approach to work
- The ability to use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of systems
- The ability to approach a problem creatively
- To adhere to and promote Omnico’s values
- Any other ad hoc duties that may be assigned from time to time
- Candidates must have the right to work in the US
- Must be flexible to work from Omnico offices as required
- US and international travel may be required