Senior Infrastructure Engineer (Managed Services)
PURPOSE OF ROLE
This is a senior, technical role required to ensure Omnico meets its contracted obligations for Cloud Hosted & Managed Services Customers. The candidate will be required to work with a small team and a service delivery partner to perform a range of ITIL based activities including but not limited to Event, Release, Availability, Capacity, Continuity & Change Management. Success in this role will increase customer satisfaction and importantly, protect revenues by ensuring Customers renew their subscriptions and services.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primarily, to ensure that all Managed Services contracts are delivered in accordance with the corresponding Master Service Agreements (MSA) schedules. This will include the following:
- To deliver software patching, security updates and new release software to the following Customer environments:
- Existing customer infrastructure & products in the Azure Cloud, including the coordination of any onsite endpoint deployments*, working with third parties where required.
- Cloud Managed Services will require engagement with Omnico’s partners (e.g. SoftwareONE for OmniCommerce or Aptum for Leisure) to ensure all the tagging is applied to ensure monitoring, security patches and backups are scheduled in accordance with the MSA.
- *Endpoints must be deployed with the appropriate Endpoint Management software and AV software (e.g. Kaseya) in accordance with the MSA schedules.
- To manage and help deliver the following activities:
- To implement and accurately track Key Performance Indicators and report on the status (e.g. tasks completed, quality, schedule, cost) against Customer Plans and Environment Consumption Plans, mitigating issues and raising to senior management when appropriate.
- To engage with the Customer Services Leadership Team to ensure that Customer Success, Customer Support and Customer Training teams are aware of customer operational usage patterns & adoption, to identify opportunities for engagement.
- To liaise with Customers where required, to provide reports, KPIs and usage data as defined in the MSA schedules.
- To ensure that all handover documentation is received from the “Build” team in a timely manner before a customer Go Live event.
- To engage with technology partners on a regular basis to ensure that key third party technologies (e.g. Couchbase, or SmarTag) that exist in managed customer environments are maintained to the highest availability.
- To engage with Customer Support & Omnico Technology partners (e.g. SoftwareONE) in infrastructure technology support where necessary and to provide regular updates and management of escalations as required to meet customer availability targets.
- To engage with Customer Support & Omnico Service partners (e.g. Paragon) to ensure proactive monitoring activities to meet customer targets as detailed in MSA schedules.
- To create and maintain a high-performing predictable operation, to achieve high quality, first time and on time.
- To adopt a continuous improvement mentality for all run processes.
- Service Oriented – Will have worked in customer facing roles in technology services organisations.
- Experience – Has 5+ years’ experience in providing services using cloud technologies.
- Planning – Is an effective time planner, scheduling activities to meet contracted requirements.
- Teamwork – Is collaborative and engages in open dialogue cross-functionally to meet goals.
- Approach – Is a problem solver and takes ownership of actions from end-to-end.
- Technical – Is technically experienced with service operations deployed in Microsoft Azure.
- Excellent knowledge of Omnico Products and services
- Public cloud architecture and design principles
- Public cloud migrations and deployments
- Cloud strategy and security
- Public cloud cost management
- Hybrid infrastructure architecture and design
- Azure VM Infrastructure
- Azure databases and web applications
- Azure networking and security
- Identity management (Azure AD, ADFS etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of Windows Operating Systems (Server & Desktops)
- Clustering principles
- Active Directory Domain Services (DNS, GPO, Replication etc.)
- Experience of virtualization (VMWARE\Hyper-V)
- Network subnets and IP addressing
- Working knowledge of SQL Server, Couchbase
- Continuous delivery through automation (JSON, ARM templates)
- Docker & Kubernetes
- Understanding of applications and databases
- Commercially aware to understand impacts of change on operations and costs
- Backup and DR strategies
- Knowledge of Remote Monitoring and Management (Kaseya an advantage)
- Knowledge of ITSM (Cherwell an advantage)
- Knowledge of Azure DevOps
- Understanding of Ansible
- Understanding of Terraform
- Knowledge of Omnico Products a bonus
- Resilient to a high-paced environment in a growing company
- Can provide structure to work through the volume
- Worked in a managed services (ITIL) or consulting environment
- A strong team player with a pro-active approach
- Works to best practices
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Highly organised and ability to multi-task
- Able to make sound timely decisions based on clear facts and deal with pressure and challenging targets
- The candidate should have solid experience in infrastructure support, migration or deployment
- To adhere to and promote Omnico’s values
- Any other ad hoc duties that may be assigned from time to time
- Candidates must have the right to work in the UK
- Must be flexible to work from Omnico offices as required
- Must be flexible to work extended hours as necessary to work with international customers
- UK and international travel may be required